Monday, July 15, 2013

White House Down


I did not have an interest in seeing this movie at first but my mother wanted to, so I was her date for the evening. I am so glad I saw this movie; it was so much better than I anticipated. The movie had plenty of action, comedy, and emotion. It was the perfect movie to see on independence weekend.


Some of the combos I’ve seen on the screen, even I wouldn’t put together but Jamie Foxx and Channing Tatum were wonderful to watch. It was nice to have a president that represented our current president but I am not trying to stir the pot of controversy among those who don't support our president.



One thing I felt more than anything was a deep sense of patriotism. I assume they were going for that especially with troops still overseas and the withdrawal coming next year. The fight within our own borders was a clear message sent because terrorism can live within our own country. The U.S. has enough problems on the home front then we still do have to worry about foreign terrorism. I’m not trying to use this blog as a political platform but this movie makes one think about all these things.



Now, as a person who has taken a tour of the white house, the detail is exquisite for not filming in the actual white house. I heard they used green screen after studying the layout. It was pretty fascinating to see a lot of the same rooms I once stood in.


A movie that is engrossed in love, loyalty, and freedom is action packed as well as funny. It also makes you want to wrap yourself in the flag as you go to bed. For a good rounded movie, this is a must see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List