Monday, July 15, 2013

Man of Steel


Man of Steel has been praised up and down for being an overall good movie. I have heard nothing but good reviews from this movie. Regardless, I was going to watch it myself- that’s what I do, I review movies.



First, let’s state the obvious and get it out our system. Henry Cavill is super gorgeous. He’s like so handsome and so macho, it’s ridiculous. This guy is a total Christopher Reeves reincarnation. Best part....that is all him (if you don’t know what I’m talking about, you must be into women or not very observant).



Now that I’m done drooling, we can move on. Before this film even came out I was thinking who are they going to cast in this movie and where did this Superman come from? Well, as I was going through Cavall’s filmography, I came across one of my favorite films.... “The Count of Monte Cristo.”  He played young Count Mondego. Who would have thought that cute little 15 year old would later be casted as the Man of Steel? He grew up so fast.


This was a different superman movie than the rest because it set up how Kal became Superman. We even got the privilege of a visual of the planet Krypton. I enjoyed seeing how Kal got his powers and what happened to his planet.



A refreshing change was his opponent: sorry, no Lex Luther. More like Gods fighting Gods. It was a battle more like mortal combat instead of a giant among ants. It was extremely action packed and worthy to follow a list of Superman movies. The special effects were great and one thing I really enjoy was the dedication to the serious acting. I saw so many opportunities to make this film into a comedy like Avengers or White House down. All the actors stayed true to the plot, their characters, and never deviated or deteriorated from the quality of the story.



I did enjoy the plot but I was definitely more distracted by Superman’s looks. He’s too good looking to ignore and I am the very person to notice. Without giving more of the movie away, I give it four and a half stars. Great movie with a sexy star and I would recommend it to anyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List