Monday, July 15, 2013

The Heat


What can I say about “The Heat?” Maybe that it was hilarious from start to finish. I was scared to see it because I thought they gave all the jokes away in the previews but Melissa McCarthy was non stop from the beginning. Almost every line out her mouth was funny to me. Now I don’t expect it to be funny to everybody but I am a big Judd Apatow fan so that kind of comedy makes me laugh the hardest. One of my all time favorite movies is Bridesmaids which also stars McCarthy.



The teamwork of Mullins (McCarthy) and Ashburn (Bullock) is a hilarious dynamic duo; a good way to describe them is the modern day odd couple. I found myself relating more to Mullins than I care to admit. Putting that aside she is the inner bully all of us want to be yet partly the hot mess we already are. Ashburn represents the more organized side of us who plays by the rules and strive to climb the ladder. I’m sure we can all find ways to relate to these crazy ladies, that’s what makes them likable.


I am glad to see Bullock in a comedy even after she won her Oscar; she is a funny girl who needs to keep herself grounded in comedies. Who better to work with in a comedy than the current queen, McCarthy.


Best part of the film was the dialogue. I wish I could write like that but I don’t consider myself funny. I think I only stop laughing to catch my breath. This recommendation goes out to those who have a outlandish sense of humor and don’t mind cursing every two words.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List