Sunday, May 1, 2011

Royal Wedding




After going from no interest, to little interest, to watching the Barbra Walters special on the royal wedding and now, I’m totally intrigued. William and Kate’s wedding is one of the first modern day royal weddings. A question was brought up during the show...should the monarchy continue to exist? What are your thoughts?


I [personally] think the monarchy should continue to exist. It doesn’t affect me at all but I think its represents tradition. In addition, in a way it’s like a “castle in the sky” concept for me because it is so foreign to have a real king and queen reign over a country where I live. That is an impression I’ve only seen in the movies. I love that there are such things as kings, queens, princes, and princesses; royal tradition and castle that have the law ruled by parliament. I find the monarchy system fascinating. I’m not saying I want to live in a country under the monarchy; I just love that it really exists. It has now taken a new turn into present day customs but royal blood is continuously succeeded from generation to generation. One thousand years of tradition has not been broken and I feel that is one thing in history that should remain a sacred custom.


Kate Middleton is the first commoner in 300 years to marry a royal and is going to be the first princess/queen ever to have a college degree. This is a huge thing and a step into a new beam of monarchy light; times are changing. 


Living a royal life in reality is hard work and nothing close to a storybook happily ever after but having the glorified wedding of the year, maybe the decade or literally century, is definitely a fairy tale dream event to an outsider like myself. I live on popular culture and feed on the lives of celebrities and/or famous people.


During the pre-wedding show, I had more fun chatting about all the numerous hats in the E! chat box. Being awake for more than 24hours...they’re lucky I’m totally intrigued to stay up and watch this wedding. My dumb self-thought the wedding was at 4am, no, the show began at 4am and the wedding starts at 6am. However, being one of 2 billion people, I was honored to be a spectator of this glorious, live, historical event.


A Modern wedding day has arrived. Differences involve Kate doing her own make-up, wearing her hair down and curly, plus refusing to say the words obey in her wedding vows. The fashion industry is in agreement when we all say her dress resembled the wedding dress of Grace Kelly. Catherine Middleton was a simply beautiful bride that is rumored to be the next Princess Diana. I am eager to see what the future holds for the happy couple and the future King and Queen of England but only time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List