Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fast Five



It was finally time to reunite with one of my favorite franchise movies again...Fast Five. Sexy men and sexy cars....it’s all worth the wait.


There was just as much action, suspense, and tension as promised. Moreover, there was an unexpected cliff jump! (oooh) I love seeing the gang over three good movies, plus Han, get back together for one huge rendezvous. There was also a lot more comedy. As expected, it was left to Tyreese one-liners to make the audience laugh or crack up; he had the dumb/comical lines.


There was one point where they had Spanish subtitles and that usually doesn’t bother me except these subtitles had really annoying transitions. They were extremely distracting and I’m pretty sure I missed whatever happened in that conversation due to those subtitle transitions.


I am a Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson fan but not in this movie. The cop/bounty hunter look was not attractive but that could be because he played the dick part to a tee. I understand the group was in Rio but the Rock was always sweating and not in an “it’s hot” way, he was sweating in a nasty way like “you need to get some air condition because you look like you’re gonna pass out” way.


I also loved how Dom’s (Vin Diesel) facial expression was the same throughout the entire movie but he was the quintessential B.A. who laughed in the face of danger every opportunity it presented itself. It was such a turn on to watch a man have such a big set of balls and not flitch for anybody. In addition, his attitude wasn’t the only turn on in this film.


I am a huge sucker for fast gorgeous cars and Paul Walker’s face. Debates have been presented to prove if he can act or not. I have come to the conclusion that I don’t give a flip. Put the man in movies because I love to look at his face. Beauty like that is a waste to not be on the big screen for me to drool over.


Not giving anything away but any twist the movie had planned, I was able to predict because of my obsessive knowledge with the franchise. I knew exactly what surprises were coming I just wasn’t sure how they would be presented in the movie.


I was super geeked to see this film and had high expectations. My opinion may be bias or seem swayed by my love for sexy cars, sexy men, and Paul Walker but I loved this movie and would highly recommend it to everyone. I left with a big stupid smile on my face and you might too.


BTW, a lot of people walk out before the credits...wait this time. There is a little snippet after the credits so be sure to stay for the entire movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List