Thursday, March 18, 2010

Brooklyn's Finest


Brooklyn’s Finest is Training Day with a touch of Martin Scorsese’s The Departed.

Who is Brooklyn’s finest? ...Well, that is the last man standing when it all ends; key word: integrity.

This movie brings the streets to life and gives you a disturbing taste of reality of cop life in New York City. Crime is real, drugs are real, and death is most certainly real. In the end it misses nobody. Each time a gun was fire in the movie it felt so real; I was struck with an alarming amount of fear each time I heard a gunshot. With all the language, nudity, and bullets, the movie had a very realistic factor. Throughout the plot, you watch men grow a pair and sadly watch some loose theirs. Either way everybody was out to prove something.


I really felt a connection with Ethan Hawke’s character because it reminded me of his character in Training Day. His character is a genuinely good guy in both movies who is influenced by the dark side. Who wants to do what is right but is forced to do otherwise where he feels he has no choice. I was really pulling for him because he had a wife and kids to come home to. He was the good guy being tangled up in a situation he could not handle. From the very beginning...he could be the hero, the good guy, Brooklyn’s finest because he had the most to prove. Sal was the only cop motivated by his family. Like in Training Day, his character learned to do things he never thought he would do on the job.


To be honest when I walked out of the theatre, I was so stunned at how deep the movie was; I could not even think of what to say beside... “That was deep!” Once I re-watched Training Day, I found the words to explain my thoughts; I knew the story I was want to tell.

This movie gets a solid four stars based on story line and script. It was a very realistic movie and sometimes people need a little disturbance to wake themselves up from these false hopes given by unreliable sources. Brooklyn’s Finest is currently in theatres and I highly suggest ONLY mature audiences go see the film.


Disclaimer: This movie is a hard Rated R- serious mature audiences only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List