Thursday, November 11, 2010

Due Date


From the very moment Zach Galifianakis’s character, Ethan Tremblay, walks in, he makes quite the entrance. Zach Galifianakis, character is very similar to his character, Alan, in The Hangover but he is more dramatic, more flamboyant, and more hilarious. He says the most outrageous but funniest comments. With his confidence, gay, and idiotic behavior, his comical cluelessness personality is so entertaining. He is the idiot friend everyone should have to just watch and never claim. If you liked Alan from The Hangover, then you will love Ethan from Due Date. He takes his confident clueless character to a whole another level.


I would have never expected Robert Downey Jr. to act beside Zach Galifianakis but his character (Peter Highman) in contrast to Zach’s (Ethan Tremblay) was perfect. They had the same match up as Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell in The Other Guys: one was the serious realistic guy while the other guy was a stupid air head. They were a good combination that played well off of each other.


Whoever wrote the script needs to get paid beaucoup bucks. The dialogue in this movie is everything. Majority of the comedy comes from the script. If I was blind, I could still enjoy this movie just as much as the next person could; only a couple of scenes would be less funny without the action.


There are many sentimental and dramatic moments splashed in all throughout the movie but never a dull moment. I went to see the movie at midnight and as tired and stressed out as I was, I never got sleepy, bored with the story, or stopped laughing.


This movie was so funny; I do not want to say too much because it would give away the best parts of the plot. Overall, I would give this movie four and a half stars. It was funny but if one would want to be nitpicky then I would say more action could have been included even though the dialogue made up for that. Also, the story line with Darryl (Jamie Foxx) could have played a bigger role or been drawn out more (you would understand if you have seen the movie) but I don’t want to complain too much because the movie was very enjoyable. If you have not seen Due Date and need a good comedy to watch, check it out. I got my money’s worth and hopefully you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List